maandag 3 juni 2013

What to do when eating at someone else's?

If you have been eating like this for a while you can agree that most people are getting stressed out when they have you over for dinner. No mater how easy it is for you to eat like you do, other people will often see it is a hindrance.

What often happened for me was that I fell like I was being a nuisance and ate whatever they made and would be in pain the rest of the evening. Now that is of course not very loving and far from the ideal situation....
So. What would be the easy fix for this problem?
There is no real easy fix, but I have a few solutions.

  • Invite everyone over at your place and cook the food yourself. (which is fine of course, but sometimes other people like to take care of you too.)
  • Go and offer to eat out every time the word dinner is even mentioned. (Quite expensive isn't it?) 
  • Make a list of all the do's and don'ts and a list of good products and hand them out to your friends. (A good solution if you have a proper allergy)
  • Make a list for your friends with easy recipes that you can enjoy with them. 
  • Take replacement products with you. (For example gf/df pasta, usually homemade red sauce doesn't contain anything "bad", rice noodles, rice, rice cakes etc.)

Eating a certain way does not have to keep you from enjoying dinner with friends, on the contrary, cooking meals with love and attention usually gets them interested in looking into their own eating habits as well and this creates a better understanding. 
I usually go for cooking myself or taking replacement products with me. I love cooking healthy and tasty stuff for my friends and I no longer feel guilty when I don't eat something a friend of mine has made, which by now almost never occurs anymore. But the most important thing when having dinner is that you do not stress out about restrictions and thoroughly enjoy the time spend with your loved ones. 

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

Share

Twitter Facebook Favorites More